Monday, May 18, 2009

Tag Tin

I found this cute tin at Roberts for $1.99, again cheaper with a coupon. It makes a cute gift that is cheap and easy without looking like it. Aren't we all looking for a little more bang for our buck and the 25th hour of every day?

I started out by measureing the bottom of the tin below the lid and cut a strip of paper that would cover the tin and over lap by about 1/2". I used Tombow to adhere the paper to the tin. If you've never heard of Tombow, it is a fantastic adhesive sold by Stampin' Up! or craft stores near you. It works extremely well at sticking paper to things like chipboard and tin. It dries quickly, so make sure you straighten it out quickly and only glue one side at a time. I put my seam on the side seeing as it was that way on the tin itself. I then tied random pieces of ribbon that I had on hand and that matched my paper onto the handle. This took about 3-5 minutes. I added the red ribbon in the middle, and a little element.

For the tags, I cut 10 strips of white cardstock measuring 2 1/2" x 5" and then folded them to make 2 1/2" square tags. I used the Eight Great Greetings stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog, markers, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, corner rounder, word window punch, and a crop-a-dile (or 1/8" circle punch). I also added a little glitter to most of the cards to add a little shimmer. You could use any set you have on hand and make them all the same, or different. It is up to you. I made 2 each of 5 designs for a total of 10 tags.
I then cut 8" strips of silver cording and shoved them in the bottom of the tin for the recipient to tie on later. This is what it will look like when tied.

Stick the 10 tags in the tin on top of the silver cording and your finished. This project can be completed in about 30-45 minutes.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cute Stuff!
I am lovin the new blog!