Sunday, May 3, 2009

Apple Snickers Salad

I found this great recipe thanks to Chelsee Fuller. I was even able to make it sugar free minus the snickers for Mike and he thought it was the greatest semi-sugar free dessert I've made.

Ingredients:

1 cup whipping cream
1 large box (or two small boxes) instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cup milk
4-5 granny smith apples
8 fun size or 4 full size snickers
Caramel topping (optional)

Directions:

Whip the whipping cream. Add pudding and milk. Mix until thick and creamy. Set bowl aside. Dice apples (Peel if desired, but I don't), cut snickers into smaller pieces, then mix apples and snickers into the pudding mix. Dump the mixture into a baking dish and refridgerate for at least 2 hours. Add the caramel topping just before serving.

Tip:
Do not add caramel until you are ready to serve the dessert. Believe me, I did and it tasted fine but didn't look good at all.

No comments: