Sunday, May 10, 2009

Shadow Box


Again, not my idea, but it was too cute that I had to share. This is a shadow box, Designer Series Paper, card stock, a stamp set, rhinestone brad, and taffeta riboon. It is super easy to make and would hang nicely in a any room. You can choose the color scheme, stamp set and accessories that best fits your decor.

Instructions:
  • Buy a shadow box and accompanying supplies.
  • The mat (pink) cardstock is cut to 8" x 8" with a 4" x 4" hole cut in the middle.
  • Tie the ribbon to the left or right edge of the cardstock.
  • The Designer Series Paper (brown floral) is cut to 4 1/2" x 4 1/2 " and adhered to the back of the cardstock.
  • 2 flowers are stamped, cut, layered, and fastened to the patterned paper with a rhinestone brad (or any fastener of your choice).
  • Stamp a few images on the cardstock and VOILA! Beautiful home decor for a fraction of the price you'd find it anywhere else.

HINT: Emboss the images around the edges for a more finished look.

Please visit my Stampin' Up! website for a schedule of upcoming classes or to purchase supplies to make this project.
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/brsmith/

1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

This is really cute! I've added it to my "Things I'm going to make when I can finally stay home" list. Great projects, Brenda!