Saturday, May 2, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe



I have been asked numerous times for my Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. So here it is. I cannot take credit for it. It is from "Grandma's Recipes" which my mom got ahold of while working at Heartstrings over a decade ago. It has some of the most awesome recipes!

Cream well:
1 lb. butter (Yeah, that's right 1 pound!)
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar

Add:
3 eggs
2 TBS. vanilla

Cream for 4 minutes (Do not skimp on the creaming...it makes a difference!)

Add:
6 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 TBS. vanilla

Blend mixture slowly and thoroughly.

Add:
chocolate chips (optional as my daughter would think)
nuts (optional)

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Other tips:
  • The cookies will look like they aren't quite finished, but touch the top lightly, if it doesn't move too much, they are done. Also look to see if they are still shiny or not. You will be able to tell when you make them. Shiny is not done. Don't over-bake or they are crunchy. I love soft cookies!

  • I always half the recipe and it always makes plenty.

  • USE A COOKIE SCOOP! This has always made a world of difference in the finished product. It doesn't matter the size of the scoop, but ALWAYS use one.

No comments: