- I sewed around the fabrics 3/4" in with the fabric's inside out. I left about a 5-6" opening to turn the fabrics around then I pressed them flat.
- Hand stich the opening closed.
- Then sew around the entire piece again using a 5/8" seam allowance.
- Cut 2 pieces out of the solid brown cotton fabric that are 7 3/4" x 5".
- Fold them in half and sew the bottom and side together using a 1/4" seam allowance.
- Flip the the straps inside out and fold the open part into inself then press.
- Sew around the whole strap (like you did the main piece) using about 1/8" seam allowance.
- Lay out the main piece and center the straps. I measured mine and put the midde of my straps 5" away from the center of the whole piece.
- Pin them on and sew them using a 1" rectangle. I reinforced all of the corners by backstitching so that they won't come undone.
- Sew some velcro onto the straps and you're done. I used Scotch Fasteners. It is 2x thiner than velcro and doesn't stick to everything like velcro does but stays fastened. You could also add buttons, bows or whatever else you can think of to the top of the straps to embellish it more.
Total time: about 1 1/2 hours.
Sorry the pics aren't that great. I finished it right before I had to pick up Kazia from school and it was raining/snowing so it is a bit wet.